Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy as I read blogs and forums about different supplements or other natural remedies that work for PCOS! I already tried Vitex three times a day and nothing happened...so here is my daily routine:
6:30am: Temp and chart (even if it is a lost cause!)
8:30am: 500mg of Metformin with a yogurt (life saver for the side effects!). Also, yogurt is said to help with fertility because of the pro biotics (why not?!)
9:00am: Red Raspberry Leaf Tea - Supposed to help lengthen my luteal phase and uterine lining
12:30pm: Another 500mg Metformin with lunch
2:00pm: Some more Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
Bedtime: Pill Marathon which consists of the following:
- Baby Aspirin (suppresses natural killer cells in the uterus, improves blood flow to the ovaries, improves follicle development, improves blood flow to the uterus, improves uterine lining, and increases odds that implantation will be successful)
- Fish Oil (aides in the production of hormones and helps to regulate menstrual cycle)
- Yet another 500mg of Metformin (that's 1500mg daily if you are counting!)
- Cinnamon (helps metabolize blood sugar)
- Multi Vitamin/Prenatal (speaks for itself! OBGYN wanted me on prenatals for atleast 3 months before we get pregnant)
- Vitamin D3 (I am deficient so I am required to take 2000 UI daily but it also helps with fertility!)
Oh and I almost forgot that I recently started using natural progesterone cream.
So there it is...a day in the life of PCOS as far as the supplements go!